FAQ for former Deskbookers Partners
- Where do I login and manage my venue?
After the migration, logging in and managing your new profile will all be possible via Deskbookers.com with your current email and password. Before the migration please go to https://deskbookers.spacebase.com/ The old management environment (Partners.deskbookers.com) will remain accessible after the migration for several months, for example to view old bookings, but adjustments to this environment will not be reflected on the new site.
- What are the steps to complete my venue profile before the migration?
Step 1: Login to https://deskbookers.spacebase.com/nl-nl/
Step 2: Accept the Terms & Conditions. See Terms and Conditions here: https://deskbookers.spacebase.com/nl-nl/policies/terms/
Step 3: Go to your venue list and complete your individual profiles and spaces https://deskbookers.spacebase.com/en/dashboard/spaces/
Please note that Deskbookers.Spacebase is currently a beta and “provider-only” view and not visible to bookers yet. Once the site goes live we will inform you about this and the url will be changed to the regular “deskbookers.com/...”
- How to accept the terms and conditions? If you click Continue or Doorgaan you automatically agree to the conditions. See Terms and Conditions here: https://deskbookers.spacebase.com/nl-nl/policies/terms/
- I need to delete my venue or some rooms - can I delete them? For now only staff can delete rooms or venues. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to unpublish your profile or delete certain rooms.
- Changes I made are not saved, help? If changes are not saved automatically there is an error in one of the tabs that needs to be solved first. Please check for errors (look for a red text error message) in the tabs next to the tab your are editing. When editing a Space please check the Categories tab. Often there is an error here with too many types being selected.
- What are the payout terms? Same as with Deskbookers? Yes, payouts will remain largely the same. The only change being that instead of a separate payout overview and commission invoice we will send you a credit note for the total amount to be received each month.
- Where do I change our IBAN or Billing / Invoice information? Click Edit Venue in the Venue List and go to the tab named Booking.
- I am a Deskbookers Plus Venue and use the bookingtool + regular customer discount and / or narrowcasting, what is applicable for me?
As a plus venue, you can continue usage of your tools in the Deskbookers for partners' environment. Our team will reach out to you separately to explain the integration for you.
- Are upcoming bookings that are still in Deskbookers automatically moved to Spacebase? All bookings that are made through deskbookers.com in the future will be handled by the new system and you can see them here https://deskbookers.spacebase.com/en/dashboard/bookings/ (Note: once fully migrated the domain will be “deskbookers.com/…”) Bookings that you manage yourself through partners.deskbookers.com will be handled in the historic infrastructure that is still available to you as a Plus Venue. All bookings will be synched across the two systems and availability will be automatically blocked vice-versa.
- Will Deskbookers.com and Partners.Deskbookers.com disappear? When? Deskbookers.com will remain in place but be run with an improved tech infrastructure. partners.deskbookers.com will remain in place as is. It will receive continuous support until at least 06/2021 Please note that the site is currently in a “provider-only” view located at https://deskbookers.spacebase.com/ and not respectively not visible to bookers yet. Once the site goes live we will inform you about this and the url will be changed to regular “deskbookers.com/...” again.
- Are calendars between my Deskbookers profile and my Spacebase profile synchronised? Yes, calendars are automatically synchronized via feeds between the systems.
If you are a Plus Venue we will help you integrate the booking data from the new system into partners.derskbookers.com via a calendar feed.
- Moving forward, when I get a new booking via my own channels and I want to block my rooms, do I need to update it in Deskbookers or Spacebase or both? If you are a Plus Venue you can continue to manage bookings that are coming in through your own channels with all known functionality under partners.deskbookers.com. Once the bookings are added they will automatically be blocked in deskbookers.com. If you are a Basic Venue you can block availability for your own channel bookings in the calendar here https://deskbookers.spacebase.com/en/schedule/. Once the site goes live the url will be changed to regular “deskbookers.com/venue/schedule...”.
- How do we deal with upcoming bookings in Deskbookers that are not in our Spacebase profile? Bookings that have been made already today for a future arrival date will be continued to be managed on partners.deskbookers.com. All bookings that are made on deskbookers.com after the go-live to customers will be managed on the new site.
- Do I get a profile on both Deskbookers.spacebase.com and Spacebase.com? At this point, the profiles work independently. We will merge functionality and data until november 2020. Changes made to to profile after november 2020 will not be transferred to the new site.
- How do I complete my new profile? We have tried to migrate all relevant data automatically. But please have a check on where to complete or optimize your profile. Here we have a guide on how to improve profile quality: How to optimize my venues?
- Do I need to check my opening hours or are those imported from my Deskbookers account? We have tried to migrate all relevant data automatically. But please have a check on where to complete or optimize your profile. Here we have a guide on how to improve profile quality: How to add opening hours.
- Are Dutch holiday's automatically imported in the new Spacebase calendar? Holidays are not automatically blocked from availability. But you can integrate a public calendar feed into your Space schedule to block those dates off automatically. How can I block bank holidays in my calendar?
- My rooms at Deskbookers are set up to be directly bookable will this stay the same with Spacebase? Yes. We have migrated all the data respectively. You can review that the setting is properly set in your space profile. Make sure that under the “Availability” Tab the function “Auto-Confirm” is activated What is automatic confirmation?
- I want to change some of my rooms to on request, how can I do that? Please note: Our platform focuses strongly on direct bookability. Removing this function will reduce your chances of getting booking requests. You can set up your profile so that users can either see prices for rooms/bookings or they need to request a quote from you to get a price. This is handled through the pricing configuration. Pricing structure. If you are able to provide prices directly visible to bookers we strongly recommend activating “Auto-Confirm” as well. How do I enable auto confirm?
- I want to add new rooms to my profile, how can I do that? See How to set my venue and space.
- How can I block certain rooms' availability? You can block availability for your own channel bookings in the calendar here https://deskbookers.spacebase.com/en/schedule/. Once the site goes live the url will be changed to regular “deskbookers.com/venue/schedule...”. Simply click in de calendar to create a block. You can move the block or make it bigger or smaller. Click the block again to remove it.
- How to add and synchronize a Calendar? See How to add and synchronize a calendar?
- Can I still contact the Deskbookers Team? Of course, you can! You can still contact us directly at email@example.com