What is the fair commission for Spacebase service?
At Spacebase, we believe in a flexible commission that we only charge when we actually create new business for you. Therefore the earnings that we generate for you are largely incremental to your regular business.
We believe 20% is a fair Commission that covers all the activities we do for you as a space. Among other things, those are:
- Online Marketing to acquire customers for you - which can cost up to EUR 150 per booking and more
- The development and improvement of our tech-platform that allows you to accept bookings completely automatic at close to zero effort for you
- Payment handling and reconciliation fees of 3%+ of the booking value on average
- Discovery of Spaces, preparing and maintaining profiles and suggesting you to potential clients as agency service
- Fraud prevention and conflict resolution
We believe that the value creation of a booking should be split across all parties based on their contribution. Since our activities are largely focussed in the first place around demand acquisition and booking processing as a whole, our commission applies to the full hire price including extras. We continuously evaluate third party suppliers also for extra services and are happy to provide you with vetted local partners that can provide competitive service prices considering our commission structure.
Over the last years we have invested upfront to improve our offering for you, trying to continuously improve service delivery while making our internal operations more efficient. Therefore we offer you the following services included in our regular pricing:
Marketing & Sales:
- SEO Optimization of Content
- Content translation and distribution across several platforms
- Channel Management across Spacebase sites and 3rd Party-connections
- Linkbuilding with relevant websites & magazines for traffic
- Content Creation of Top-Lists and other marketing Articles
- Social-Media activities
- Paid-Marketing in Adwords
- Cold-Sales to activate new leads
- Distribution to Enterprise Partnerships with negotiated high-volume Rates (Paid Feature)
- Agency Service to Enterprises (Paid Feature)
Customer Care & Service handling:
- Customer Service Handling of Bookers
- Conflict resolution
- Responding to FAQs
- Handling Payment Requests
- Suggesting Space Options for agency requests
- Coordinating Events series and larger requests
- Supporting Corporate Procurement Policies (Paid Feature)
- Supplier Onboarding for Enterprises (Paid Feature)
Transaction & Payment Handling:
- Payment Collection from Bookers
- Credit Card and Paypal Support
- Forex-handling and international VAT support
- Industry-Standard Invoice-writing & accounting
- Automated Payout to Providers
- Risk-assessment of Bookers
- Guaranteed Payout (Paid Feature)
- Factoring for immediate payout (Paid Feature)
Is the 20% commission negotiable?
When we work very well together and have established strong routines we would love to discuss an alternative compensation scheme that is fair to both of us.
Reach out to us if the following statements apply to you:
- We have processed at least 25 bookings through our site and we utilize >20% of your monthly capacity
- You have a >95% confirmation rate of bookings
- The largest share of your bookings on our site are repeat clients
Some of our legacy sites follow a different commission/pricing model (e.g. Deskbookers, Eventsofa etc.). These models are outdated and will be phased out over the next couple of months.